Country Style Chicken Curry With Dhal
photo by Brian Holley
- Ready In:
- 750 g chicken, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed to a paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut, dessicated non sweetened
- 300 ml water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 150 g lentils, precooked (bottled)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and 2 tsp garam masala. Fry till the onions just start to colour.
- Add the ginger, garlic, tumeric and chicken. Stir to coat the chicken with the spices.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, coconut, water and stock cube.
- Place lid on cooker and bring up to presure, cook for 10 minutes.
- Release the pressure, add the lentils, stir through to allow the lentils to warm, add the last of the garam masala stir. Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Serve garnished with the chopped coriander leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY