Country-Style Beef Breakfast Sausage
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb beef fat
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt (kosher or coarse)
- 2 teaspoons dried sage (crumbled or ground)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- For fullest flavor, let these sausages sit overnight after mixed.
- Mix all spices into the meat and stir well with a wooden spoon, or hands.
- Form patties and cook like a hamburger in a skillet over medium high heat.
- To make sure the sausage is juicy "sear" both sides (on high heat) then reduce the the heat (medium or medium high) and finish the cooking. The well cooked outside will hold in the juices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!