Country Style Barbecued Onions With Baked Beans
These are so easy and quick to prepare. You put them right on the grill next to the other things. They make such a nice side dish for barbecued meats and what flavor! These were a real winner at our house! I have also made them filled with chili. From Bush's Baked Beans.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 8 medium vidalia onions (or other sweet onions)
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans (BUSH'S Country Style)
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red barbecue sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 slices bacon, precooked, cut into 8 pieces
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut off onion stems and peel. Hollow out onions leaving base intact. Finely chop pieces removed from onions.
- In mixing bowl, combine BUSH'S Country Style Baked Beans, onions, brown sugar and barbecue sauce.
- Spoon baked beans mixture into onions. Top each onion with piece of butter, ground pepper and piece of bacon.
- Arrange onions on grill grate away from fire. Grill onions 40 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and tender.