Country-Style Apple Cake
This cake is topped with fresh sliced apple and has a delicious home made taste. If you feel like a delicious, not too sweet coffee cake, then this is the one. Recipe came from a free succesful baking card sent to me in the mail.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 185 g unsalted butter
- 185 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 250 g self raising flour
- 150 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 large granny smith apple
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- icing sugar, to sift
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Grease and line a 20cm spring-form tin and sprinkle with flour to coat.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour and fold in lightly using a large metal spoon.
- Mix the milk with the vanilla and stir into the cake mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the top.
- Peel, core and slice the apple and brush with lemon juice.
- Arrange slices on the surface pressing down gently.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
- Cool the cake in the tin for about 10 minutes, before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
the family really enjoyed this for dessert tonight (though I only had a very thin slice I was pleased with the ovall taste - I rarely eat dessert - it was very light and had good taste though still sweet to me). I baked a 170C fan forced oven for 55 minutes but would consider lowering temperature a notch or cooking for less time but that is my oven. The only other change I made was to make up a mix of cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the top of the apples before putting in the oven. This is also the first cake recipe I have dne were you add the flour mix and then add the liquid and I really think if you grease and fully line your pan you don't need the flour. Thank you Good Looking Cooking, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Soup Tag Game.Reply