Country Sausage, Peppers and Potatoes
This is a really easy and tasty recipe for people who just like the taste of "down-home" cooking. Nothing fancy, but absolutely delicious!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb smoked sausage (I use Eckrich skinless smoked sausage)
- 3 cups yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced, approx. 1 lb
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- In a 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown sausage on all sides and remove.
- Cut sausage into 1-inch slices (when slightly cooled) and set aside.
- Add peppers and onion to sausage drippings and saute, stirring frequently, approximately 2 minutes until tender.
- Blend onion soup mix with water, add to pan and add diced potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Return sausage to skillet and simmer, covered, an additional 10 minutes or until sausage is done and potatoes are fork tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Oh my gosh!! This recipe has traveled like wildfire through my mothers of multiples club. I posted it on our website after making it and now half the club rave over this recipe. PERFECT for a mom of twins - only 20 minutes with what you have in the kitchen and WHAM...super good meal. My hubby begs for it every week...and loves it with Tobasco. Thank you so much for a wonderful recipe!!!Reply