Country Liver Pate
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, minced
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Frank's red hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- In 10 inch skillet over medium high heat add 1/4 cup butter.
- Add chicken liver, green onions and garlic, cook about 5 minutes, until tender yet still slightly pink inside.
- Stir in white wine and hot sauce. Cover and simmer on medium low heat 5 minutes.
- In a blender at low speed, blend cooked liver mixture until smooth, scraping sides with a spatula.
- In the same skillet over low heat melt remaining 1/2 cup butter. Add this and salt & pepper to liver mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours. Add mayonaise to liver pate strring well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!