Cottage Swiss Fondue
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Mustard adds zesty background flavor. Suggested dippers, fried potato nuggets, French bread.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups swiss cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- Combine cheese, and cornstarch in a bag. Shake to make sure cheese is coated with cornstarch.
- Rub inside of pot with garlic clove cut in half. Discard garlic.
- Warm milk with mustard added. Do not cover or boil.
- In blender puree cottage cheese then add to warmed milk.
- Remember to stir constantly from now one. Add a handful of cheese, keeping the heat medium (do not boil), when melted add another handful. When all cheese is melted and bubbly transfer to fondue pot and keep warm over fondue burner.
- Note: If fondue becomes too thick add a bit of warmed milk. If it separates combine 1 T cornstarch and 2 T milk and stir into fondue.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION