Cottage Potato Pie
- Ready In:
- 6 medium potatoes, boiled
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces sliced swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved or 10 tomatoes, slices
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- Peel potatoes and mash well.
- Mix potatoes with cottage cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Brush pie shell with mustard. Fill with half potato mixture.
- Layer cheese slices over potatoes. Top with remaining potatoes.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes. Arrange tomato slices around pie 10 minutes before pie is done.
- Let pie sit 10 minutes before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was excellent for my two children with chewing and swallowing problems. Very smooth and easy to swallow without getting stuck in the throat. SO perhaps this would be one of those you might want to try on very young children just learning to eat whole foods, elderly or disabled people who might have chewing and swallowing problems, sore throats, oral surgery, etc. Also, it occured to me that I could adjust ingredients to make this like a "Loaded" baked potato by using cheddar instead of swiss/parmesan and adding bacon bits, chives, finely chopped broccoli etc. Another thought I had and will try: whipping the cottage cheese in the blender or food processor before adding to the potato. This might give the pie a fluffier texture, more like a twice baked....? It was easy to make and plentiful. Good on calories and protein for those who are concerned about trying to increase those elements in their diets. It was even better the second day reheated in the microwave. Next time I make it I will make it ahead of time, refridgerate it and then reheat it.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
OK lets see...My name is Diane and I'm married to a wonderful guy -- going on 20 years. We have 2 kids -- 1 daughter and 1 son a 70lb german shepard, a fat cat and a very snobby cat! I work a couple of days a week in the Loop and the rest of my time is spent sitting at the kids sporting events. I love to try new recipes. Luckily, hubby will try just about anything. The kids aren't so eager about that, but are generally very good sports about it!