Costa Rican Chilaquiles (Tortilla & Meat)
Use your imagination of this recipe, empty the fridge into the tortillas. Make it as spicy or as bland as you want
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cooked and shredded meat (poultry)
- 20 (8 inch) tortillas (corn are best)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 3 3 cups monterey jack cheese or 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Fill each tortilla with meat, fold in half.
- Dip the folded tortilla in the beaten egg and fry on a skillet in oil.
- Brown on both sides.
- Arrange the tortillas in an oven proof dish.
- (you can prepare the dish up to this point and do the final steps just before serving) Cover the tortillas with the tomato sauce, garlic, jalapenos and cheese.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot through.
- Serve with black beans and rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION