Cory's Spicy Dirty Rice
photo by Jen Jen 18
- Ready In:
- 1 green peppers (or half of each) or 1 red pepper (or half of each)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 large onion
- andouille sausage
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (2 tsp minced)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups brown rice (Family style boil-in bag works great) or 1 1/2-2 cups white rice (Family style boil-in bag works great)
- hot sauce (1-2 teaspoons)
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper (1/2 tsp or to your liking)
- 1) Finely chop green pepper, onion, and celery and set aside. You want the pieces to be similar in size to cook evenly.
- 2) Begin cooking rice (per directions on box or bag).
- 3) Preheat a large skillet or large pot with olive oil over medium heat.
- 3) Slice andouille sausage into 0.5 -1 inch pieces.
- 4) Place sausage into pot and cook for 4-5 minutes season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- 5) Add garlic and other vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 6) Place chicken stock into pot and bring to a boil. Stir in cayenne pepper. Reduce heat by half and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until vegetables are tender and stock has reduced by half.
- 7) Combine cooked rice into skillet or pot and add hot sauce. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes to combine all flavors.
- 8) You can serve this with salad or bread. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!