- Ready In:
1 batch of glue
- Combine ingredients into a saucepan and stir until smooth.
- Heat over medium heat until thick and translucent.
- Allow it to cool to touch.
- Lay large cookie cutters on parchment paper.
- Have child take foot long pieces of yarn, placing it in the glue.
- Run yarn between thumb and forefinger to remove excess glue.
- Lay inside cookie cutter.
- Repeat until you have a thin layer of yarn inside the cutter.
- With clean hands, press yarn flat.
- Carefully remove cutter and let your design dry, about 24 hours.
- Use red, white and pink yarn in heart cutters, different shades of green for Christmas trees, pumpkin cutter and orange and a little brown for the stem, what ever you want.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Also found this fun craft in the Family Fun magazine but this glue recipe is very tricky when put to the heat. Tried it a few times and even lowered the heat and it turns translucent after a few minutes, but is VERY THICK and gel like. Tried adding the hot water as directed to thin, but to no avail.....ANY SUGGESTIONS????