Cornmeal Sweet Potato Breadsticks
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- Sprinkle to yeast over the warm water in a large bowl. Let stand 5-10 minutes, until foamy.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Knead 8-10 minutes, until smooth and elastic. (Compared to traditional breadstick dough, this may feel oily, and won't develop such obvious gluten strands.).
- Cover and let rise about an hour, until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Roll dough into 8-10-inch-long sticks and place on a greased baking sheet. Thinner sticks (pencil-sized) will be crunchier and have more of a caramelized taste. Thicker sticks (finger-sized) will have distinct crust and bread textures.
- Bake about 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had a leftover cooked sweet potato in the fridge so I wanted to try this recipe. My kids really liked these. My older son said they reminder him of pancakes so he promptly dipped them in panckae syrup. For my husband and I they were a little bland; we couldn't taste the potato. I did not put the cayenne in, but feel it may be needed. Maybe add some other add-ins to increase flavor?
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The picanço-barreteiro (woodland shrike) is the Portguese Society for the Study of Birds "bird of the year" for 2009. ======================================= <img src="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/northwestgal/zwtbanner-small-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%204/ZWTAB-tg.gif">