Cornmeal Pancakes Using Yogurt
- Ready In:
- whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, then stir in raisins, stir together yogurt, egg and oil with a fork in another bowl and stir into flour mixture until blended,.
- Heat a lightly greased large nonstick skillet or griddle over moderately low heat until hot.* It took forever for the first couple batches to cook. Since I always preheat my griddle for awhile I think it's because the batter is so cold and thick. Next time I'll leave it out until it gets closer to room temperature.
- Pour 1/4 cup measures of batter into skillet in batches.
- Cook about 3 minutes or until golden, turn and cook 1 minute more.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in a 250*F oven while cooking remaining cakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!