Sunny Side Up Corned Beef Hash
photo by lesliecoy
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs deli corned beef, coarsely chopped
- 1 (26 ounce) bag hash browns
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning (I use Mrs Dash )
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup beef broth (I leave this out)
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce (I leave this out)
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add corned beef, hash browns, seasoning, pepper, green onions, (beef broth and Worcestershire).
- Cook stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden and crisp. About 15 minutes.
- To add eggs : When the potatoes are crisp and golden make indention's in the hash to hold eggs and place skillet in oven - preheat, with the hash in the oven, to 350.
- When oven is preheated, remove skillet and crack an egg into each indention and lightly cover with foil and place back in oven until eggs are cooked as you desire - runny yellow or set.
- Serve the Hash with slices of toast.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I Love to cook - and I am trying to find great recipes to help me stick to my diet - but also great recipes that let me do the cooking I enjoy. <br />I live in a cabin in Alaska with my husband, and our brown lab. <br />Husband enjoys skiing, fishing, and hunting, and I enjoy going along. <br />Mostly I enjoy trying out a great new recipe and adding it to our Favorites.</p>