Corned Beef Hash
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The guys in my family love this with an egg or two on top.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups chopped cooked leftover corned beef
- 3 cups chopped, cooked potatoes
- 6 teaspoons minced onions
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Combine beef, potatoes, and onion.
- Add salt, pepper, and milk.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Spread hash evenly over bottom of skillet.
- Cook on low heat,without stirring, until browned.
- Flip over and brown the other side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I doubled the recipe, and was horrified to read I forgot to pre cook the potatoes!!! No worries though, I put them in the skillet with the oil while I chopped the remaining ingredients and it turned out just perfect! In fact I think the potatoes may have held there shape better because of it! All in all this had fantastic flavor and made great use of these simple yet hardy ingredients. My husband is not a huge hash lover and he even proclaimed it delicious!Reply
My husband LOVES corned beef hash but I've never bothered to make it so I thought I'd give this recipe a try. Very simple to make and it came out quite tasty. I didn't bother to use any salt as there is plenty in the corned beef. I found I needed approximately 3/4 lb. to make 2 cups. I'm not sure why the milk was needed, it seemed to slow down the cooking process, but the end product was very tasty. My husband gave it a big thumbs up.Reply
see 1 more