Corned Beef Dinner - Crock Pot
Very nice aroma to come home to and a wonderful taste. Satisfying
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 15mins
- 2 - 2 1⁄2 lbs corned beef brisket
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, cut in 3
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 4 medium carrots, peeled cut in 3
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 small cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Trim brisket of all visible fat, cut to fit 4 qt or larger crockpot, if necessary.
- Place onion, celery, potatoes and carrots in bottom of crockpot, lay brisket on top.
- Whisk together bouillon, bay leaf, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and dry mustard.
- Pour over brisket, cover pot.
- Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, adding cabbage wedges and caraway seed for the last hour of cooking.
- To serve, discard cooking liquid, slice meat onto hot serving plates, accompany with the cooked potatoes, carrots, celery, cabbage wedges and your favourite mustard.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Sorry to burst the bubble, but the Irish do not eat corned beef - even on St. Patrick's Day. This was a tradition built up by Irish immigrants to the US (primarily NY and New England) because the cut of beef was inexpensive. My family visited Ireland three years ago (Most in Co Tipperary, a day in Galway, and 2 days in Dublin). NOWHERE could my oldest brother find corned beef (in his defense, I asked for colcannon and found it only in one restaurant in Nenagh). All that said, Erin go bragh! Let's let everyone be Irish for a day! Slan! M. O'Connell5Replies 1
see 112 more