Corned Beef and Cabbage Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 1 cup green cabbage, cooked, well drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) can corned beef, broken up
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake pie shell for 10 minutes, remove and set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions for about 3 minutes or until limp.
- Add half and half to skillet, continue cooking until small bubbles appear around the edges of the pan.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with Parmesan cheese and seasonings; add cottage cheese and corned beef.
- Continue to beat until well blended.
- Add onion and blend well.
- Place cooked, well drained, cabbage in pie shell. Top with corned beef mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until set, about 35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home mom. I have two beautiful girls, 3 and 4. They are the light of my life! I am married to Paul, for 5 years. I love to cook!! I love to read cookbooks like they are novels!!! <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">