Cornbread Jalapeno Poppers
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 15 large fresh jalapenos (enough to use dough maybe 15-25)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix (or 4-6 muffins worth of your own recipe)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (1 cup for the batter..1/2 cup for sprinkiling)
- 1 cup fresh corn (canned or thawed frozen ok)
- Slice the jalapenos longwise and carefully remove all the seeds and veins.set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix up the Cornbread batter according to the box instructions, add in the Corn and 1 cup of the Cheddar.
- Fill each Jalapeno half with some batter! Careful, don’t over fill them!
- Sprinkle them all with the remaining 1/2 cup of Cheddar.
- Place them on a baking rack & sheet pan, bake them at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, or until the Cornbread is firm and cooked through. They will be puffed and cheesy too!
- Alternatively put the dough in mini muffin tin and then place a slice of jalapeno on top or sneak it in the middle and put more cheese on top. This is a milder approach.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.