Corn With Squash
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. My BF made this dish tonight, with the freshest zucchini and corn on the cob, it was delightful. He reduced the oil from 4 tablespoons to 1, and sprinkled liberally with pepper and omitted the parsley. Simple preparation, outstanding results. From a special issue of Saveur, the best of Tex-Mex Cooking.
- Ready In:
- 3 small squash, tender, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups corn kernels (fresh, from about 3 ears)
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut sqash in half lengthwise and thinly slice crosswise and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Add squash and cook, stirring often, until just soft, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add corn and cook, stirrig often, about 5 minutes more.
- Add parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.