Corn Masa Quesadillas
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 500 g prepared corn masa harina flour (just a bit more than one pound)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon melted shortening or 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cooking oil
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- diced tomatoes (optional)
- sliced onion (optional)
- crumbled fresh cheese (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Mix all ingredients and knead until well blended and easy to handle. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Form tortilla-like circles in tortilla press.
- Fill with your favorite filling or leftovers (not runny) as for turnovers.
- Seal edges and fry in enough cooking oil. Drain excess grease.
- (Optional) Garnish with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, shaved onion, crumbled cheese, salsa and sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation