Corn Casserole from Food Network
- Ready In:
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 6 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups aged white cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons oil
- carefully remove the corn from the cob with a knife and put in a food processor.
- transfer to a large bowl.
- coarsly puree with salt, pepper,and nutmeg.
- in a saute pan, add the oil and the onions and saute until translucent.
- add the onions to the corn mixture.
- add the beaten eggs, milk,and half of the grated cheddar and combine.
- use 2 teaspoons of oil to coat a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- transfer the corn mixture to the dish and top with the rest of the grated cheddar.
- place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top of the casserole is golden brown in a preheated 350 degree oven.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for a family dinner, and thought it was ok, but not spectacular. My stepfather did like it, but everyone else thought it was average...but they did take seconds. I used canned corn so maybe it would be better with fresh, but that's a lot of work to me for a casserole. I cut it in half, used about 1/4 tsp salt & 1/8 tsp pepper. It took about 45 minutes to cook in my oven, but there was also chicken on a rack above it...so that might have slowed down the time. If you love corn, it's probably something you will like.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I LIVE IN MISSISSIPPI, I LOVE LOOKING UP RECIPES AND COLLECTING FROM ALL OVER, I LIKE TO WATCH FOOD NETWORK, PRETTY MUCH ANY COOKING PROGRAM. I HAVE ONE SON HE IS 25 YEARS OLD, ALL GROWN UP!!! I HAVE ONE PET A DOG HIS NAME IS BAILEY, AND HE'S A GOOD BOY.