Corn and Coriander Fritters
photo by AmandaInOz
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels
- 2 baby shallots, finely chopped (green onion)
- 1⁄2 onion (finely diced)
- 1 piece fresh ginger, finely chopped (approximately the size of half a wine cork)
- 1⁄3 bunch coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro)
- 1 red chili pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped (seeds can be left in if you like a little kick)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- flaked sea salt
- black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Saute the onion and ginger in a little oil until soft and translucent.
- Place the flour, 1 cup of the corn kernels, onion, ginger, cumin, water and eggs into a food processor and process until well combined.
- Place mixture into a large mixing bowl and stir through the remaining corn, shallots, chilli, and coriander and season the mixture with sea salt and black pepper.
- In a non-stick fry pan place a little oil and set over high heat.
- Using a 30 ml (1 oz) ladle cook fritters 2 at a time, approx 1 minute per side or until golden.
- Transfer to an oven proof rack and tray and cook for a further 3-4 minutes in the oven.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a busy mum to 5 plus a precious grandson. I've always had a passion of serving healthy nutritious and most importantly tasty food to my family and friends. Being an Aussie I have a insatiable appetite for bbq'ing . My cookery books fill three shelves of a large bookcase and I use the internet constantly looking for new recipes and ideas. My passion for food and cooking has been passed down to my children with 2 now being qualified chefs and another 2 working part time in the food industry whilst studying. My grandson has enjoyed the benefits of a 'foodie family' and has only ever eaten food freshly prepared by us and usually grown by a member of the family as well. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG" width=100%> <a href="http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/?action=view¤t=crazykeas.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/crazykeas.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/Swap14.JPG"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">