- Ready In:
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 cup jasmine rice (long grain) or 1 cup basmati rice (long grain)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh coriander sprig (wash and dry before chopping)
- salt and pepper (you may not need any extra salt)
- In a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid bring broth to a boil with salt, oil, and garlic.
- Stir in rice and cook, covered, over low heat 20-30 minutes, or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Fluff rice with a fork and toss with coriander and salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Good but should be served after a few minutes of adding the fresh cilantro/coriander or otherwise the colour dulls significantly and is no longer pretty. The garlic was a nice flavour addition, I used homemade chicken stock, sea salt, to taste, freshly ground black pepper which is not in the ingredients list just the instructions, unrefined extra virgin olive oil (I did find the rice a bit dry because the amount of fat/oil was so low, I always put butter or more canola oil), Indian Basmati rice which I rinsed well and soaked before cooking. This was tasty with recipe#307071 as a part of our dinner. I may make this again. Made for ALMOST 5 GAME.