Coriander Lime Shrimp
This recipe comes from Gourmet Magazine. This shrimp is easy to prepare and tastes delicious!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander sprig, washed well, spun dry, and chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, shelled, leaving tail and first shell section intact, and if desired deveined (21 to 24 per pound)
- 2 oranges
- 2 heads endive
- fresh coriander sprig, for garnish
- In a measuring cup whisk together lime juice, marmalade, garlic paste, coriander, 3 tablespoons oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste and reserve 1/2 cup mixture in a small bowl or ramekin for dipping.
- In a large sealable plastic bag combine shrimp with remaining mixture and marinate, chilled, tossing occasionally to coat shrimp, 45 minutes.
- Peel oranges and slice horizontally.
- Wash endive leaves.
- Arrange orange slices and endive on a plate.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade and lightly pat dry between paper towels.
- In a large non-stick skillet heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and saute 1/2 of the shrimp until golden brown and cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Saute remaining shrimp in remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in same manner.
- Place shrimp atop orange and endive salad.
- Garnish with coriander sprigs and drizzle with reserved dipping sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION