Coriander-Crusted Steak With Miso Butter Sauce
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red miso (fermented soybean paste)
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 12 ounces top sirloin steaks (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds, cracked
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sake
- Mix half of chopped cilantro, butter, chopped green onions, rice vinegar, red miso, minced ginger, and soy sauce in small bowl. Set miso sauce aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of sirloin steak with cracked coriander seeds and ground black pepper, pressing to adhere. Heat Asian sesame oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add sirloin steak; cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer steak to work surface; reserve skillet. Slice steak; arrange on plates.
- Add miso sauce and sake to skillet; boil mixture until slightly thickened and reduced to 1/4 cup, whisking often, about 1 minute.
- Spoon miso butter sauce over steaks. Sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I work full-time as a School Psychologist in Michigan. Besides the kids, one of the best aspects of the job is summer vacation, when I can concentrate on doing more of the things that I like to do---like look up recipes and play games on Recipezaar!!! I married my wonderful and handsome husband, Sean, in August 2007. He is becoming a wonderful gardender and tends to both our veggie and herb gardens. We really enjoy cooking with our own fresh ingredients. We most often cook together, so my reviews typically reflect our joint opinions. He's the better cook, so I pick up a lot of my techniques from him. My other interests include reading (now that I have time), Irish dancing (I've taken a class for the last several years), "appreciating" wine (I use the term very loosely), and listening to and going to see Irish bands (I love the Pogues). I also enjoy travelling, especially around Western Europe, where I have been multiple times. One of my favorite places is Italy, and Sean and I had a great time on our honeymoon eating, drinking, and sightseeing in the Cinque Terre and in Tuscany. This July 2009, we expanded our horizons to Eastern Europe and visited the Czech Republic, Slovenia, and Croatia. Two of my favorite dishes on the trip were Croatian: fish brodet and Hvarska gregada. I am looking forward to trying my hand at making them at home as I see that someone on Zaar, who is Croatian, posted recipes for both! Besides my husband, the other lights of my life are my cats: Chloe, Pip, and my newest ragdoll cat, Giselle, all of whom I absolutely adore. <a href="http://s341.photobucket.com/albums/o388/courjen/?action=view¤t=PipChloe_web.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o388/courjen/PipChloe_web.jpg" border="0" alt="Pip and Chloe"></a> <a href="http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o388/courjen/Giselle_zaar.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o388/courjen/Giselle_zaar.jpg" border="0" alt="Giselle"></a> I've participated in the following events: <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt= "Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/calendar%20clips/Copyofsoybean.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%204/ZWTAB-tg.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> I most recently had the privelege of being on the ZWT5 Team, the Sultans of Spice, with a great group of people. We came in second place! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src=http://home.insightbb.com/~webdesign5/Logo1a.jpeg>