Coriander (cilantro) And Coconut Soup
- Ready In:
- 600 ml chicken stock or 600 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tom yam broth cubes (can be found in asian food market) (optional)
- 2 inches fresh gingerroot, unpeeled but chopped
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 4 small fresh red chilies, seeded,and finely chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 120 g fresh coriander, leaves finely chopped and reserved,stalks also finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 150 ml heavy cream
- Heat the chicken stock, tom yum cube, ginger, spring onions/scallions, chillies, lemon grass and garlic together.
- Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture, and liquidize with the coriander/cilantro stalks, lime juice, fish sauec and coconut milk.
- Return to the pan, reheat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Strain once more and return to the rinsed out pot.
- Add cream, and finely chopped coriander/cilantro to the soup and heat through once more.
- Ladle into bowls and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
(READ MORE ABOUT ME AND MORE RECIPES AT vanessafrida.livejournal.com) Thanks for clicking on my name and finding out more about myself. I stumbled upon 'zaar by chance, and I have been hooked ever since. It is just so much easier surfing online for a recipe then flipping through a zillion cookbooks. I am a big fan of healthy meal, and i love to use heaps of garlic in my food. Guess it is the asian blood in me. :) And I am a real sweet tooth, and I'm constantly on a lookout for cake and biscuit recipes. Have a look at the recipes i have posted, and tell me what you think. Thanks!