Copycat Taco Bell Nacho Fries BellGrande
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 3 cups $notetemplate1$ for meat
Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, grated
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen french fries
French Fry Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- In a small bowl mix together French Fry Seasoning ingredients.
- Cook frozen French Fries according to package directions; halfway through cooking, sprinkle french fries with french fry seasoning and toss to coat. Set cooked fries aside.
Nacho Cheese Sauce:
- In a large saucepan over medium, heat oil. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until onion has softened about 5 to 7 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk, tomato paste, and vinegar, until well combined; allow to steep for 20 minutes.
- In a large heatproof bowl, combine grated cheeses, Place a fine mesh strainer over the bowl containing the cheese. Strain milk mixture into the bowl. Discard solids from strainer.
- Using a wooden spoon stir cheese mixture until smooth and saucy. If cheese doesn’t melt completely, set bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until cheese melts and mixture comes together.
- On a large platter top Seasoned French Fries with Copycat Taco Bell Seasoned Beef, Nacho Cheese Sauce, sour cream, and tomatoes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Use only 3/4 of the french fry seasoning. Use Cacique Southwestern Queso dip for nacho cheese sauce, microwave 30 seconds at a time until melted. Flank steak and 1 cup of salsa at high for 4 hours in crockpot in place of ground beef, add dry taco seasoning to taste. Oreida french fries. Add a sliced avocado. 1 chopped tomato.