Copycat Starbucks Iced Lemon Loaf Cake
Lemon loaf cake covered in lemon icing.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup salted butter, softened, plus more for greasing
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, softened, plus more for greasing
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Butter a loaf pan and set aside. In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure each egg is well incorporated before adding the next. Scrape the sides of your bowl once or twice during mixing. Add the vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix to combine. Mix together the baking powder and flour, then add to the creamed butter mixture and mix until well combined. Pour the batter into your loaf pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan. Once the cake is completely cooled, glaze with lemon icing. Cake will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
- Mix together the sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Glaze once the cake is cooled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This isn't a Starbucks copycat at all. It isn't terrible but not great either. It isn't at dense and moist as Starbucks. It is a bit too floury and the frosting hurt my teeth it was so sugary. I also added about double the lemon juice to the frosting to make it thin enough. I probably wouldn't make this again...sadly I'll have to go to Starbucks in the morning.Reply
see 4 more