Copycat Mccain Mini Frozen Pizzas
- Ready In:
8 small pizzas
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce (i use no-name mushroom flavor, use whatever you like)
- 3 cups pre-shredded mozzarella cheese (use low fat if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (the powdery kraft type)
- mix water, yeast, and sugar. let stand for a few min till it's all bubbly.
- add salt, oil, and 3 cups of the flour, stir until a soft dough forms.
- kneed for a few min, adding extra flour until it's just barely not sticky anymore. let rise in a warm place for 30 min or so until it's doubled in size.
- divide into 8 balls and flatten out into 4-5 inch disks on cookie sheets lined in parchment paper. preheat the oven to 425f.
- top with a Tbs or two of sauce, then mozza, then parmesan.
- bake for 10 min or so, stop before they're golden if you want more authentic taste since this leaves the crust a little gummy and doesn't toast the cheese. let stand for 5-10 min before serving now or let cool completely before wrapping with a bit of foil or plastic wrap between them and freezing. you could also bake just the crusts and add the toppings raw before freezing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in new westminster, bc. I'm currently doing tech support for a living but I may be moving on to something more rewarding soon. I have two giant cats. I like to cook and bake. I have a passion for healing craft. I'll be starting my first garden in the spring. and I can't think of anything else interesting right now.