Cool Weather Bird Suet Molds
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
8 suet cakes
- 2 cups lard (waste fat or rendered suet)
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup hulled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Combine lard and peanut butter in a large saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until melted.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- If needed, add enough water to make the product the consistency of oatmeal.
- Pour into a bread pan and cool.
- When cool, run a knife around the edges and pop suet out of pan.
- Slice into portions that will fit your hanging suet feeder.
- Store remaining slices in the freezer until ready to use.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm one of the original members of RecipeZaar and an active member in the old forums. I loved meeting so many wonderful people from across the globe in what were truly amazing forums and during events on the site which encouraged interaction. I miss those forums and am saddened that this is now just another recipe collection site. I will always come back here as I have so many recipes saved of my own and tried many gems. I hope you are able to find something you like.</p>