Cool Mandarin Dessert
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This dessert is so easy to make, but it looks so elegant. I serve it in a pretty dessert bowl or a large martini glass. Cook time is chill time.
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 10mins
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pint Orange sherbet
- of fresh mint, optional
- Drain oranges, reserving the juice Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup Refrigerate the oranges In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in reserved juice.
- Add sherbet, stirring until dissolved. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened. Pour into a blender, blend until smooth then return to original bowl.
- Keep 10 orange segments refrigerated for garnish Fold remaining oranges into gelatin mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight Just before serving, garnish with reserved oranges and mint if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was going to post this recipe, but since someone beat me to it, I get to do the next best thing: review it! This dessert reminds me of my favorite ice cream bar from childhood, a vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet concoction called (I think) a 50-50 bar or a dreamcicle. To me, it tastes like summer. Add this one to your cookbooks and try it, folks. It is the perfect antidote to the mid-winter blahs.1Reply