Cool, Creamy Chocolate Dessert-Cooking Light
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped and toasted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese 1/3 less fat, softened
- 1⁄2 cup fat free cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 (4 ounce) boxes chocolate instant pudding
- unsweetened cocoa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Crust: Combine flour and powdered sugar in a food processor. Pulse 2 times or until combined.
- Add butter and pulse 10 times or until it resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in pecans then firmly press into the bottom of a 13x9" pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Filling: Place sugar and cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture on the cooled crust. Cover loosely and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine pudding and milk in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the remaining whipped topping over the pudding layer.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cocoa if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy cooking, especially baking. I am married, no children though I have a dog Chance, whose internal clock must be Swiss-made as he knows what time dinner should be and is quite the taskmaster if I'm not at least in the kitchen at the appointed time. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">