Cooking Light's Broccoli, Cheese, and Rice Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Save the fat, but keep the flavor! This recipe is quick and simple, perfect for a mid-week meal. My boys were calling for seconds.....and thirds!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 4 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is not the Cooking Light recipe that I've made in the past. It was made with base of butter and onion then flour added with a little dry mustard in a medium size sauce pan. After it thickens, add low fat or skim milk, sharp cheddar cheese while that is melting rice should be cooking. Add all ingredients together and top with crushed Melba crackers and melted butter/margarine for topping and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.Reply