Cookies - Princess Bar - Poulsbo Baker Washington
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 cups all-purpose flour or 4 cups pastry flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups date filling, recipe follows
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups dates, Chopped 1 lb
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar and salt in a large bowl. Cut in shortening, vanilla and maple flavoring until mixture resembles course crumbs. Stir in coconut. Set aside one third of mixture. To the remaining two thirds, add egg and stir until combined.
- Put dough into a lightly greased 17x11 jellyroll pan. Spread carefully with date filling. Sprinkle walnuts, then reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 24 to 28 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into bars when cooled.
- Combine dates, brown sugar, corn syrup, alt and water in medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until dates are soft and mixture has a pastry like consistency. Cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, I often try a recipe only a few times then look to try another even if the last one was good. Therefore I have a lot of really good recipes . I love to look at cooking web cites and find new recipes. I like to help people with their cooking problems though now since seeing so many competent cooks on this site.I do not feel I am as capable as before. I feel everyone can learn how to cook and many problems will be lessened if they learn. A major Part of being a good cook is having good recipes. people gain confidence, variety, money saving ideas and health. Knowing or eating only a few dishes would be depressing. It seems at every different place I make different things That people like here it is dessert. in Portland it was muffins. I haven't posted many as I don't want to wade through all the recipes here<img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"><img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif">