Cooked Radishes are Yummy!
- Ready In:
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil with the 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan.
- Add prepared radishes, cover and simmer till radishes pierce easily with a toothpick (10 minutes). Drain water.
- Add margarine and brown sugar and toss to form a glaze. Add parsley and/or dill and serve.
- The violet color glistens in the butter glaze and the taste is exceptional.
- Serves 4-6 as a side dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a great recipe to use up my farm share radishes! Cooking them took some of the sharpness/spiciness out of the radishes and the sauce gave it a little something. It seemed to make a lot of sauce (a lot pooled at the bottom and was never eaten) but what did coat the radishes was wonderful. Thanks for sharing! There are so few cooked radish recipes out there!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a high school math teacher who loves to cook. But the funny thing is, you'd think being a math teacher I would be fantic about following recipes (exact measurements and stuff) but in reality I'm totally opposite. My husband says I can't follow a recipe at all. I'm always tweaking it to our taste and I rarely measure anything. I have 2 small children and I hope I can give them a love for food and cooking! I am enjoying the Zaar alot.