Cooked Potato or Pasta Salad Dressing
This is a good cooked dressing that pairs up together with mayo.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard or 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup mayonnaise (NOT SALAD DRESSING)
- In a medium saucepan mix all ingredients together.
- Bring to a light boil, whisking constantly until thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat, cool slightly then whisk in mayo.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cool completely before adding to you potato or pasta salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was very easy to put together. Mine cooked up in the stated 2 minutes. I used only 1/2 cup mayonnaise but found the mustard to be a little on the strong side, next time I will either reduce the mustard or increase the mayo. I found using a whisk didnt get all the dressing from the edges so I used both a whisk and a wooden spoon. I made a pasta salad using tri coloured vegetable pasta (fusilli) with green beans, peas, carrots and broccoli. Thanks for posting this recipe, one I wlll be trying with potato salad very soon!Reply
This is a great, no fuss version of an old standard. It has just the right amount of sweetness, just the right amount of vinegar...very nice. The recipe was more than enough to cover a lb. of pasta and mixed veggies (broccoli, peas, vidalias, zukes, and carrots). I am going to enjoy my packed lunches this week! Thanks. :)1Reply