Cooked Plantain Bananas
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make a cut lengthwise on the plantain peel; open it and cut the plantain into two halves, again lengthwise.
- Grease a baking sheet or cover a sheet with foil; place the plantain over is peel on the tray.
- Insert the cloves, distributing them evenly along the two halves.
- Sprinkle some of the raw sugar and allspice over.
- Put small amounts of butter or oil on the plantain halves and sprinkle the coconut or cheese over top.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until the plantain become golden.
- Remove from oven and discard cloves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had never cooked with plantains before, and this recipe was easy and delicious. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to take the peel off or not, so I did one sliced in half with the peel on and the other with no peel. Both turned out great. I put a little butter on all, then jack cheese on two and cinnamon sugar and ground cloves on the other two. Yum!