Cook Rice Like Pasta!
- Ready In:
- 5 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Bring water and salt to a rolling boil and pour in the rice. Stir well. Think about the way you would cook Pasta. This is exactly the same method.
- Lower the heat slightly and stir several times during cooking. Taste a few kernels after about 12 minutes. Some rice, like brown rice can take up to 20 minutes, but my white rice is always done in 12-15 minutes. Drain the rice into a sieve or collander and rinse with water. You will have wonderful seperate kernels of rice.
- Bringing the water to a boil is not figured into prep. time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Usually, I've heard when you cook rice like pasta, after you drain the water from the rice, you return the drained rice to the empty pan and cover it and let it sit for X amount of minutes to finish off the cooking. Then the heat and air-drying results in fluffier, separated rice. Good recipe. I would much rather cook my rice this way, than the conventional way.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/cc-banner-7-09.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /></p>