Connie's Chinese Salad
This is a recipe my mom got from a church friend many years ago. What makes it special and unique is the use of a soy mayo dressing, waterchestnuts, and those delicious crunchy asian noodles that are sold in the can at grocery stores.... I always get requests for this recipe when i make it!
- Ready In:
- 1 head napa cabbage (cut into chunky pieces)
- 1 (3 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (include heads and stems)
- 1 cup la choy chow mein noodles (found in a can at the grocery store)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 -4 tablespoons soy sauce (this is to taste and consistency- dressing should be thin enough to coat salad but not watery)
- Chop cabbage into chunky pieces and add to salad bowl.
- Drain water chestnuts, add to salad.
- Chop green onions and add to salad.
- top with 1 cup asian crunchy noodles.
- add dressing just before serving and mix well.
- ( do not add dressing until just before serving or noodles get soggy!).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am a veggie hater, especially raw onions, and I could not get enough of this salad! I can't even say what it is about it but it is fabulous! We had teriyaki burgers with friends and they brought this dish. My whole family loved it including my husband who generally will not eat onions either. Eat this salad!Reply