MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this recipe on Cafemom.com. Supposed to be great for toddlers....You don't have to use organic, I definitly don't.
- Ready In:
- 1 package frozen organic O'Brien potatoes
- 1⁄2 package organic mixed baby peas and carrots
- 1⁄4 package organic corn
- 0.25 (16 ounce) package green beans, 16 oz. (you may need to chop these smaller for younger kids before you cook)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric or 1/8 teaspoon favorite curry powder
- olive oil, to coat
- 1. Combine oil and spice in large (I mean LARGE) mixing bowl.
- 2. Add all ingredients into the bowl, stirring to coat all veggies with oil and spices.
- 3. You now have a choice in cooking methods:.
- a. You can dump all into a large skillet and fry on stove top until crispy and cooked through, or.
- b. You can pour the mixture into a baking pan (or I like to use my big cast iron skillet) and bake at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes, then leaving alone so a crunchy top will form.
- Tip: shivasgirl's kids think this is Indian food, so she usually serves with pooris (a deep fried bread), but they have devoured this dish all by itself.
- Tip: You can add any veggies you want, but stick with the carrots, peas and potatoes as a base -- these even taste great if that is all you use!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Well, I definitely didn't go organic with this recipe but did use 3 medium, & although I didn't do precise measurements, I probably used a cup each of peas, carrots, corn & fresh green beans (cut in 3/4-inch slices)! That combo worked for us, especially when I baked them in the oven! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]Reply