Confetti Blossom Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 48 Hershey chocolate kisses (confetti candies or any type you like)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- assorted food coloring (gel or paste recommended, I used liquid worked well)
- colored sugar sprinkle, to match dough colors
- Heat oven to 350F; remove wrappers from candies.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended,.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Divide dough into desired number of cookie colors. Add desired food coloring to each section; mix until color of dough is uniform, adding more food coloring if needed.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in desired color decorating sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 3 to 4 minutes then press candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.
- Cute for Easter, use pastel food colorings; Christmas, used red and green. If you don't want to buy colored sugar, make it by using one drop of food color (or more depending on how dark you want it) on 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar; mix.
- (Got this from a Hershey's Kisses Confetti bag).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note