Conchas Blancas Mexican Sweet Bread
- Ready In:
- 48hrs 35mins
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk with sugar.
- Mix in yeast mixture beat until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add butter and salt little at a time.
- Knead until smooth and elastic; put in a greased bowl; let rise until doubled.
- Flip over, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day punch down; let rise until doubled.
- While dough is rising, prepare topping.
- If making chocolate, take out 3 tablespoons flour for cocoa.
- Combine wet to dry.
- Divide dough into 2 ounce pieces, the size of a tennis ball.
- If sticky add little flour.
- Place on parchment paper, flatten to form a dome shape, place 1 inch apart.
- Roll topping into gumball sized shape and put on dome; flatten out to cover the dome.
- Score topping 5 times diagonally so it looks like a sea shell.
- Let rise until dough spring backs.
- Bake in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven 35 to 45 minutes until bottom and sides are golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p style=text-align: center;>Hi! If you're looking for grandmas recipe, it might be here .</p> 8726272"