Compound Butter - Alton Brown
- Ready In:
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- Chop the butter into uniform chunks.
- Place the oil into a food processor and add the chives. Process until the chives are finely chopped. Add the remaining herbs and blend until the herbs have colored the oil.
- Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the butter at medium speed until it softens and lightens in color, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the herb oil to the butter and beat for another 2 minutes until oil is fully incorporated.
- Remove butter from bowl and spoon onto parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll into a log.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.
- ****NB: for nutritional info, serving size is about 1 tablespoon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello from suburban Fort Worth, Texas! <br /> <br /><br /> <br />______________________________________________ <br /> <br /> <br />*My rating system defined* <br /> <br />Very few recipes really knock my socks off - I love to cook but am not a gourmet. <br />This said: <br /> <br />***** - met all my expectations in taste & appearance; directions were clear & easy to follow. <br /> <br />**** - fell slightly short of my expectations in taste or appearance or directions were faulty or not completely clear. <br /> <br />*** - mediocre taste and/or appearance; most likely a recipe that I would not use again without much modification. <br /> <br />** - taste and/or appearance was not to my liking; a recipe that I would not attempt to modify or use again. <br /> <br />* - taste was absolutely not to my liking (I can't imagine ever using this rating as I can generally tell by the ingredients if I will enjoy the finished product or not) <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/chefbanner1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/scmurray51/hagshat.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><br /> </p>