Commander's Seafood Sausage
- Ready In:
- 1 1 lb crabmeat (or a combination of all of them) or 1 lb fish (or a combination of all of them)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons celery, minced
- 1 tablespoon bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup andouille sausage, chopped
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Chop the fish and/or shellfish into small cubes; place into mixing bowl.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and mix very well.
- Place a piece of cling wrap on the counter; place the seafood mixture on it and shape into a cylinder.
- Roll the plastic around the cylinder very tightly and seal the ends.
- Bring a large pan of water to simmer (about 180F), place sausage into water and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the water and let cool for ten minutes.
- To serve, remove the plastic and slice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!