Combination Chop Suey
photo by Catnip46
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 head bok choy (about 8 oz) or 1/2 head napa cabbage (about 8 oz)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces boneless lean pork, finely chopped
- 4 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, diagonally cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- steamed rice
- Combine chicken and broth in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from heat. Let stand until chicken is cool.
- Remove chicken from broth; set aside. Strain broth; refrigerate or freeze for another use. Remove and discard skin and bones from chicken; coarsely chop chicken.
- Finely chop cabbage with large knife or cleaver.
- Combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce and bouillon granules in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add pork; stir fry until no longer pink in center; about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add cabbage, beans, celery, onions and carrot to skillet; stir fry until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir soy sauce mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens, about 3 minutes. Add chicken, pork, shrimp and bamboo shoots. Cook and stir until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Serve over hot steamed rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my fur babies who I spoil rotten and in return they give me unconditional love. I have 2 cats and 3 dogs,? I just adopted a 13 yr toy poodle. Both cats were adopted also. All of them are very affectionate and very well behaved. I have been so blessed to have these? beautiful animals in my life.</p> 8726752"