Columbian Potato Stew
I’ve made this so many times, pretty much every time we have company, this is what we make. It sounds soooo simple but it is the BEST soup ever. It’s NOT low fat. But so what?
- Ready In:
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 cups white onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb red potatoes, unpeeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb yellow potato, unpeeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- 3 ears corn, sliced thick
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 -3 jalapenos, chopped (take out the seeds and ribs if you're a weenie)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 limes, juice of
- Season chicken pieces ((wings, breasts, legs, thighs) with skin and bone!) with salt and pepper, roast in oven for an hour or so. (Get the chicken skins really nice and crispy…. YUMMY!).
- While the chicken is cooking, make the soup.
- Sautee onion in your pan in oil until it starts to brown, no longer. Add broth. Add peeled chopped russets and cook those down (that’s the thickener).
- Add the other 3 types of potatoes, and the oregano when the russets are soft. Add corn when the other potatoes are almost done.
- This is the most important part….
- Make the salsa! Set it aside.
- Add the cream and sour cream to the stew, and it’s ready to serve.
- Ladle the soup into a huge bowl. Top with a piece of chicken or 2, and a big spoonful of the salsa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION