Columbian Gone in a Flash Potato and Cheese Bread for ABM
photo by Muffin Goddess
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup cooked mashed potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cilantro or 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, chopped and drained
- Add all ingredients except the tomato in the order recommended by your bread machine manual.
- Process on the bread cycle directed by the manual.
- At the beeper (or at the end of the first kneading in the Panasonic, national, and Sanyo), add the tomato.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge for several days and needed to use them up. Finding this recipe was a gift. I made it this morning and much enjoyed a toasted (and it sliced and toasted beautifully) slice topped with a poached egg for breakfast this morning. The bread was a delight with great flavor and I'm looking forward to a sandwich with it at lunch. Dee-licious! Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
Very tasty bread! I had just made a small amount of instant mashed potatoes for this, and they might have been a little too dry, so I needed to add a bit of extra water to my dough because it was still really crumbly after the first knead cycle. Made the house smell awesome, and went over quite well with my coworkers. I served this with twissis' Recipe#239332. The warm bread is really good all by itself, but the pizza butter went pretty well with it, too. Thanks for posting, Kate! Made by a fellow Merry Maid of Mayhem for Culinary Quest I
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to eat yummy healthy foods!