Columbia Bar & Grill's Grain & Cheeseburgers
photo by ladypit
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt & pepper
- toasted bun
- red onion ring
- In a 10-12 inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat, cook mushrooms and green onions in butter, stirring often, until vegetables are limp; about 6 minutes.
- Add oats and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly, then stir in cooked rice, mozzarella, cheddar, walnuts, cottage cheese, eggs and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- On an oiled 12 by 15 inch baking sheet, shape into 4 patties, each 1/2 inch thick.
- Broil 3 inches from heat until deep golden, turning once, 6 to 7 minutes total.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love Money's Gardenburgers and the ingredients in this are similar. But Money's has only 100 calories per patty and 3 grams of fat. These are way way higher. I am going to make these anyway but omit the butter and some of the cheese, and perhaps one of the eggs. I don't see why you would need 2 eggs to hold these together.
I cannot rate this yet, but since joining Zaar I've been looking around for other options for feeding myself and my fiancee. We are the meat and potatoes kind of people and I've been trying to find ways to eat healthier. These burgers look excellent! *Update 7/3/08* I doubled the recipe and made them tonight. They were very good and this is coming from a meat eater. I couldn't quite sell DH2B on them but that means more for me!! :) The only thing I changed was to sub unsalted cashews for the walnuts because i'm allergic to them. Thanks! I'll be making this for myself again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I live in a little Victorian seaport on the Olympic peninsula with my husband, 11 year old son, a cat and two frogs. Before my son was born my husband and I traveled around the country in a motorhome, so you could name lots of places and I'll say "I've been there". Never traveled overseas, though, I'm terrified of flying. My husband is a guitarist, and that doesn't pay so well, so we're always on a budget. Please tip your local musician. ;o) He does get fed, though, at some very fancy restaurants where he plays.