Colorful Beet Salad on Arugula With Sherry Vinaigrette
I picked up Chioggia beets at the farmers market. They were sweet and tender addition to red beets.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb beet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch arugula
- Heat (toaster) oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash beets and cut the stalks. Put beets on a sheet of aluminum foil and form a pouch, sealing tightly. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow beets to steam in pouch 10 minutes longer. Take beets out of pouch; place in refrigerator. When cool, slip beets out of their skins and slice. Set aside.
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss beets with the vinaigrette and serve on a bed of arugula.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION