Colorado Cache Chicken Cacciatore
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 6 small chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained and chopped (reserve juice)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives
- parmesan cheese
- Dredge chicken breasts in salt and flour.
- Brown chicken in mixture of oil and butter. Remove to a casserole.
- Saute onion, garlic, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Stir in tomatoes, buillon cubes, parsley, seasonins, white wine and 1/2 cup reserved juice.
- Cook a few minutes to blend. Add to chicken in casserole.
- Cook and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken is almost tender.
- Uncover, add olives and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to a warm platter.
- Rapidly boil liquid until slightly reduced and thickenn. Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve with noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!